June 24, 2008

What Am I Doing With This Blog?

I'm writing to you. I hope that we can communicate back and forth. Going back to the credentials thing, I don't care if you have any or not. I'd like for this venture to become a meritocracy of ideas.

You can judge me on my words if you like. I'd far prefer that you communicate with me when you have something you'd like to add, or subtract from what I'm saying.

I'm not selling anything here.

You won't find ads. I'm not pitching books. I have ZERO certifications in psychology, counseling, or any kind of advice giving fields. Well, none that would apply here anyway.

Yes, I do have sites that make money and I have a job. This little venture is a labor of love. What I want from it is to talk with you. Does that sound strange? It did to me at first. But I think sometimes the greatest miracles derive from the oddest of pursuits. Maybe I want a miracle. That would be nice.

But I'm happy to settle for the idea that something is driving me to write this that I can't really explain, so if it isn't interesting to you, no problem. I hope you find a site you love to read. If you aren't sure whether you find this interesting, play along for a week or two and see what happens. If you like what you see, my only request is that you tell me so.

That is the best explanation I can give.

No comments: